Sunday, January 16, 2011

BARBARA JEAN ENGLISH: "I'M SORRY" (1972)

Barbara Jean English

Click above to hear "I'm Sorry."

If you were to ask anyone, "what song would make an outstanding soul cover?" few would suggest the plaintive Brenda Lee hit "I'm Sorry." However, leave it to an amazing performer like Barbara Jean English to take the song to a whole new level! Her vocals soar across the spoken intro, and into the soulful and heartfelt verses. Prepare to be blown away by the chorus!

Barbara Jean English was no stranger to the recording studio when she released her album "So Many Ways..." in 1972. She began her career as a member of the Gospelettes, The Bouquests, The Ding Dongs (an unfortunate name, to be sure), and the Avalons. She then fronted The Fashions, and was a member of the popular group The Clickettes. Her style is inimitable, with a flair for making the most ordinary of songs pure soul classics.

While never reaching the career heights of Aretha Franklin or Etta James, her voice has a warmth that neither of those two woman could touch. I'm sure we will be hearing more from Ms English as this blog progresses.

2 comments:

  1. I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
    *Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud and happy to be here to share this remarkable testimony, wonderful and extraordinary, I just can't believe now my ex-husband is here with me begging for all his wrong doings, telling me how empty he felt all the while he was away, he left me and caused me so pain after a divorce that occurred 5 months ago. And this whole miracle happened immediately after I contacted Dr. Egwali for help, I am the happiest woman in the whole world today i would say' having him again by my side. It is a miracle for me and my family and eternal pleasure and merriment. I am so happy now and I do not know how much to express my gratitude and appreciation to Dr.Egwali. I would strongly recommend him if you need immediate help as it is guaranteed.
    Email him today /dregwalispellhome@gmail.com or via
    WhatsApp: +2348122948392

    ReplyDelete