Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE SUPREMES: "WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE" (1975)

The Supremes
(l to r: Cindy Birdsong, Mary Wilson, Scherrie Payne.)

Click above to hear "Where Do I Go From Here.")

People tend to forget that The Supremes didn't simply vansish when Diana Ross went skiving off to pursue her own interests. In fact, The Supremes' first post-Ross single managed to beat the tar out of Ross' in the charts. While a steady succesion of members made the group a tad hard to follow, their output remained strong. In fact, I'd say some of the strongest material in the Supremes canon was recorded after Ross went her own way.

"Where Do I Go From Here" is a real groover from The Supremes' mid-70s catalogue. It was the first single released after Scherrie Payne (sister of Freda) came on board as lead singer, replacing the departing Jean Terrell. On the surface, you can hear the move into disco, but it contains just enough soul and funk to make the track decidedly supreme.

4 comments:

  1. Again I agree with you Another great Motown group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this report! I bought this single in late 1975, loved it, and hoped it would get The Supremes a hit at long last...cruelly disappointed,again. I agree with you that this is a "supreme" single and a "rare gem"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
    *Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud and happy to be here to share this remarkable testimony, wonderful and extraordinary, I just can't believe now my ex-husband is here with me begging for all his wrong doings, telling me how empty he felt all the while he was away, he left me and caused me so pain after a divorce that occurred 5 months ago. And this whole miracle happened immediately after I contacted Dr. Egwali for help, I am the happiest woman in the whole world today i would say' having him again by my side. It is a miracle for me and my family and eternal pleasure and merriment. I am so happy now and I do not know how much to express my gratitude and appreciation to Dr.Egwali. I would strongly recommend him if you need immediate help as it is guaranteed.
    Email him today /dregwalispellhome@gmail.com or via
    WhatsApp: +2348122948392

    ReplyDelete