Sunday, January 23, 2011

MARJORIE BLACK: "ONE MORE HURT" (early 1960s)

(Click above to hear "One More Hurt.")

There's not a lot I can say here, other than, if you only ever listen to one song on this blog, "One More Hurt" should be the one! Marjorie Black seems to have vanished into the mysts of time, and from everything I've been able to uncover, this is her one and only known recording. That sad fact is a true tragedy. This woman can SING! Her voice is bigger than Big Mama Thornton's, and with such warmth and soul and grit. This is a song no one should go their entire life without hearing at least once.

And if anyone can shed some light on who Marjorie Black was, and what became of her, I'm all ears! This song is probably one of my top ten of all time. It's just THAT good!

5 comments:

  1. Quite possibly she was the wife of jazz/classical composer and educator Gunther Schuller.

    http://www.npr.org/sections/deceptivecadence/2015/06/21/197700746/gunther-schuller-who-bridged-and-classical-music-and-jazz-dies-at-89?utm_source=npr_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20150622&utm_campaign=Music&utm_term=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schuller died on June 21, 2015 in Boston, from complications from leukemia. He married Marjorie Black, a singer and pianist, in 1948. Their marriage produced two sons, George and Edwin, and lasted until her death in 1992.[29][1] His sons survive him, as does his brother Edgar.

      Delete
    2. I want to thank Emu Temple for the accurate readings he gave me and for also helping me bring back my lover.. If you are here and you are having any relationship problem please Contact Emu Temple on Via Email: emutemple@gmail.com OR Via WhatsApp +2347012841542 and result is 100% guarantee and He do lot more as:*Love Spells*Lost Love Spells*Divorce Spells*Stop Divorce Spell*Marriage Spells*Binding Spells*Breakup Spells*You want to be promoted in your office*Want to satisfy your lover*Death Spell*Gay/Lesbian Love Spell*Court case Spell*Politics Spell*Good-luck Spell*Bad Luck Remover Spell*Do as i say Spell*General cleansing Spell*Herbal remedy for all kind of disease    
      *Lottery Spell*Pregnancy Spell*Peins enlargement 

      Delete
  2. On wikipedia: Schuller died on June 21, 2015 in Boston, from complications from leukemia. He married Marjorie Black, a singer and pianist, in 1948. Their marriage produced two sons, George and Edwin, and lasted until her death in 1992.[29][1] His sons survive him, as does his brother Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was pregnant I never knew that my husband and nanny were having an affair. I never suspected anything like that was happening behind my back, What I noticed was that my nanny kept disrespecting my decision anytime I tried to correct her. she'll look down on me and never take my words seriously. This kept going on. One faithful day I tried to question her wrong doing in the house before I could speak up, she flamed up at me telling me not to question her actions any more, when she said that believe me my eye got blurry then she pushed me out her face. When my husband returned from work I told him what happened. My husband couldn't do anything about it. When I tried to stand my ground my husband and nanny attacked me. My husband then went into our room, packed all my luggage and  threw me out of the house telling me he's not Interested in me anymore. I left the house in pain and tears asking myself where everything went wrong. So before then I have read on the internet where a lady was given a good review about DR REETHESH . I took the DR REETHESH number and shared what has happened to me. He told me to make payment for all materials which I paid for. DR REETHESH did spiritual caster and found out that my nanny was sipping an evil substance in my husband's meal and water to drink, So that my husband will maltreat me and send me packing out of our home. But thanks to DR REETHESH he came to my rescue. My nanny was exposed and all her evil plans failed. Today my husband and I have welcomed our child and we're living happily again together. I'll advise you to contact DR REETHESH If you have any trouble disturbing your mind. Contact him Via WhatsApp: +2349012999010 OR Email: reethesh60@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete